chevron

Thursday, August 28, 2014

UP and RUNNING

Hello Parents,

I hope you have had time to get to know your child's new teacher and a little bit about the upcoming school year. Mrs. Wilson and I have been giving the students time to adjust to this change while working closely behind the scenes with each classroom teacher.

As we have assessed and received data from our GRE assessment days, we've identified strengths and areas for improvement.  As you know...one size does not fit all...so we are planning individual support around this data. Your child's goals will determine what their support will "look like" and will vary by student, grade level, and need. My goal is to attend parent teacher conferences in September and review with you the goals your child and I have set for this semester. By then I will also have the details of that plan.

I will be using this blog to keep you informed and to post articles or basic information about the ELL program at Gold Rush.  Check it when you get a chance and I'll send you an email when I update it as well. Along the way, please feel free to email me about anything you need.  I look forward to working with you this year!

~Jamie Marchese
jamie.marchese@dcsdk12.org

No comments:

Post a Comment